Customer Service DirectorApply Now
At BBJ La Tavola, we are invested in helping you develop your career. There are countless ways for our team members to learn and grow, including internal mobility. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee opportunities by creating a workplace that values diversity, teamwork, and transparency. BBJ La Tavola helps create unforgettable experiences for our partners every day.
Industry leaders since 1983, BBJ La Tavola is the largest specialty linen rental company in the nation. Prominent operating facilities in Napa, CA and Chicago, IL, we have sales teams, event designers, and showrooms in most major cities across the United States.
Earning a reputation of prominence, we offer the very best in breadth of product, quality, and service. Ensuring our clients experience unprecedented opportunities in innovation, inspiration, and collaboration. Our unparalleled repertoire of services spans from specialty linen, linen accessories, chargers, spandex, chair décor, and set & strike production.
We take great pride in our passion for design and trends, our pursuit of fresh ideas, and our partnerships with those who share our central values of innovation, inspiration, and collaboration. It’s our privilege to help celebrate life’s momentous occasions. Whether a private dinner for two or a gala for thousands, we value each opportunity to bring beauty and joy to every experience touched by BBJ La Tavola.
Our Customer Service Team is our in-depth, personalized service model for delivering best-in-class customer assistance. Our team aims to provide an exceptional client experience through an unrivaled sense of dedication, design support, and creative problem-solving skills. We are regarded as subject matter experts and the trusted advisors for new and existing clients.
A key player on the Company leadership team, the Director of Customer Service will create and drive the strategy for the customer service organization to impact customer satisfaction, process improvements, and talent and culture initiatives. The Director of Customer Service will lead a nationwide team that support the daily management of the entire customer facing value stream from order entry to invoicing.
- Develop strategy and establish world-class customer service-related programs for the Company
- Manage all activities associated with incoming customer service operations, including developing and implementing policies and procedures. Ensures continuous improvement of processes, systems, and communications
- Lead Customer Service teams at multiple locations and drive talent and culture initiatives to develop a high-performing team
- Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement
- Provide hiring, promotion, and disciplinary recommendations, as well as performance evaluation and feedback for direct reports
- Provide product and design support to planners, coordinators, florists, and other industry professionals
- Partner cross-functionally with sales, operations, marketing, and other teams to ensure an exceptional customer experience
- Develop a deep knowledge of BBJ La Tavola’s offerings to help our customers navigate our extensive products and services
- Adapt to fluctuations in the volume of inquiries while demonstrating composure and flexibility as customer needs evolve
- Effectively resolve customer issues and providing tailored solutions via various communication channels
- Build and fostering relationships while ensuring customer satisfaction and retention
- Contribute to our company’s values, culture, and vision through sharing your ideas and strategies
- A demonstrated history in customer service and is genuinely passionate about helping customers with a strong desire to learn
- Excellent organizational skills, high attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- A clear, professional, informative communication style and excellent phone, written, and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with handling customer escalation, collaboration with sales, and consultative problem-solving skills
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field preferred